Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Baby Baby Baby!

Anja (my best friend since elementary school) drove up to San Francisco with her family to visit this past weekend. We had such a great time. I enjoyed spending time with her and her family. I am so proud of the mother, wife, and friend she has become. She can do it all! She is one of the most humble and hard working people I know. I am very blessed to be her friend.

Time sure flies! I remember the time when Anja came to all of my sisters' and my talent shows at the play house when we were kids. I remember the time when Anja helped me set up our family business at the swapmeet every week--- even on weekdays when she spent the night at my house. I remember the times she went to church with my family all those years. I remember all the years in high school when we supported each other to reach our own endeavors---- setting up homecoming dances and prom, running cross country, running class council, striving for good grades, and striving to entertain ourselves in a little town. haha! I remember Anja dropping me home from school in her old blue Camaro with a white hood. (I had to jump out of the moving car with my things so that her car wouldn't stop and die in the process of dropping me off.) I remember being roommates in college where we didn't match as roommates, but we got through it anyway. I remember her being there when I thought losing Richie was the lowest point in my life. And I remember her comforting embrace and encouraging words when my dad passed, with her kids and husband by her side.


Throughout life, we meet people we befriend. They serve their purpose in our lives and ours in theirs. Most often, they come and go. It is rare that we find a friend, that no matter how different our lives become, find time to still be by our side. To my close friend, Anja...thank you.
And thank you for such a great weekend with the Babies! They were a breath of fresh air in my so-called busy life.

Baby Ciara...

Isaiah...
...my Godson, Mauricio...aka "Mo"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Prelita, that is so nice what you wrote about me. I was balling. It felt really good to read those nice things. I, too, remember all those fun times growing up almost like it was yesterday. You and your family have such a strong bond that I was drawn to you as a child and still am. I am who I am today because of you guys. I want to have a atrong family bond with my family so I am striving for that. I love you guys.
I had such a fun time in San Francisco with you for the 2 short days I was there. You are the perfect person to show someone around because you have done alot since you've been there. Im only sad that I can't live closer so I can see you more.
Your dad left this world so peacefully. He knew that his children are set for life because he raised you. He was so proud of all of you.
Oh! and I think that you are the most humble person. People are drawn to you and not for no reason, it's because of who you are.