Monday, February 8, 2010

Daddy,

I want you to know that you are missed everyday. I'm always looking for signs that you're near me and always listening for your advice.

Let's face it. I can't come home and ask you questions anymore and expect to get answers. I can't ask you to fix things or help me understand the things I can't comprehend. I can't ask you for new memories.

All I have are the memories I have of you...the ideas and values you taught me or showed me while you were here. But how much longer can I keep it together without asking you for new memories? I find everyday to be a struggle...the longer time goes without hearing your voice and creating new memories with you in them.

That's why on your birthday, I want you to know that I remember you....that I wish you would come and visit me in my dreams, talk to me, hug and kiss me and comfort me in my grief...because I don't know how anyone else can. I miss you, Daddy. And I know because it's your birthday, it should be you who gets the wish. But just this once, can I please have that wish to see you?

1 comment:

MR. CU?IOSITY said...

Ugh, GF. Thanks for making me get all teary-eyed at work. I wish I could something to change it. But always know that you are always loved by him :)